Friday, March 20, 2009

On blogging.

The great and powerful Amber Jones once texted, "I may start a blog because I don't have time for therapy." She's a smart lady, that Amber Jones. That must be why I adore her. In any case, there are a lot of things I don't have. Like a job. And the appropriate terminal degree I need to do a job I'd actually want. But a thing I do have is Internets, thanks to Al Gore, and being of Generation Facebook dictates that I have a compulsive need to be heard, so here it is! Lisette blogs.

What will I blog about? Probably the same stuff I twitter about, but with more words. And pictures!

For example, here's what I have to say today:

Well, last official day of spring break. Ah, that day when you evaluate what you have done with your spring break and realize that most of it was spent laying prostrate on your couch thinking about how sore you are. To be fair, I did get a great deal of running done this week (three 4-mile days, one lazy 2-miler and a day off), and in the process of delivering fliers for Run, Rock and Stroll (Des Moines' Best 5k/10k, benefitting the Heart Connection Children's Cancer Programs), I got hit on by roughly 10,000 creepy guys working at the front desks of health clubs and made a new BFF (the manager of several of the local Nutrishops -- saw her repeatedly, we're tight).


Speaking of my new BFF, I keep having life-affirming conversations. I got woken up at 1:30 in the morning to hear a drunken voice I hadn't heard in awhile but definitely needed to hear on St. Patrick's Day. My brother unexpectedly reminded me that I don't deserve to be on the JV team when it comes to things that are important to me, and that I need to do something about the way I'm being treated when it comes to the hard work I do and the impressive skillz that I possess. Also, Caleb and I have been watching bootleg DVDs of Season 4 of Boy Meets World, and if anything is life affirming, it's sure as hell Boy Meets World.

Also, holy eating, I need to get my act back together when it comes to my diet... this week got a little off-track. While my flourless vegan chocolate cake may contain more legumes in a serving than most Americans will consume in a week, it also contains a whole package of chocolate chips. I fastidiously keep daily Calorie counts (yes, I am well aware of how eating-disordered that is, and yes, I know I am predisposed to those, genetically if not just socially, but, well, there are things I like to know), and, according to Fuhrman, my anti-allergy diet guy, I should be banking about 500 less than I am this week. I've gained 7 lbs. back since my trip to Kirksville, which was the begining of my backslide -- all that booze. It was necessary for my own mental health (Kirksville is a hard place to go back to, especially when you illogically want to stay), just like the cake was this week (Facebook is a cruel, cruel mistress, taunting me with the things I'd rather not see -- especially not with all those rounded corners). So stop hatin' on my countin', I'm being healthy. Back to being less fat, though.

God, I love Boy Meets World. So great.

Well, there's that. Consider me bloggin'. But now, I should sleep or something, so peace out, blogosphere. Consider me outie 5000.

No comments:

Post a Comment